Baseball/Volleyball courses for kids
Baseball is a bat and ball team sport played between two teams of nine players each. The pitcher on the fielding team throws a ball to the batter on the batting team with the object of the game being for the batter’s team to score the most runs on a field with a diamond-shaped circuit of four bases.
Baseball was founded in the 1840s in the US and today is a popular sport in the US, Canada, Latin America and East Asia, with growing in popularity in Hong Kong.
Volleyball is a team sport involving two teams of six players. Each team tries to score points by hitting a ball over a net and grounding the ball on the other team's side of the net. It has been has been an Olympic sport since the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games in 1964.
Volleyball demands quick reactions, adaptation to rapid speed changes, muscular strength and endurance as players jump, dive and shuffle across the court in a co-ordinated fashion with their team mates.
The benefits of baseball and volleyball for children include
- encouraging an active lifestyle which establishes healthy routines for later in life
- improving social skills and team work
- increasing engagement levels and confidence
- physical benefits such as strengthening bones and improving hand eye coordination
- protecting against future cardiovascular disease, cancer and metabolic diseases
- enhancing cognitive development
- better quality sleep which improves resiliency and concentration