Early sport courses for kids
Early sport activities refer to active pursuits for 0-5 year olds. This might include unstructured activities such as tummy time on mats, rumble tumble playgroups, fun with ball pits and slides, kite flying and tree climbing, or more organized courses such as learning to ride a bike, early ball skill classes or introductory swimming lessons.
Early sports are known to have a positive effect on mood and lead to stress reduction. They also require creative and strategic thinking, and increased attention and focus. Given the fact they often occur in group settings, they can also teach young ones social skills and principles of resiliency embedded in notions of sportsmanship.
The benefits of early sport for children include
- encouraging an active lifestyle which establishes healthy practices for adulthood
- enhancing cognitive development
- improving social and communication skills
- physical benefits such as strengthening bones and improving hand eye coordination
- protecting against future cardiovascular disease, cancer and metabolic diseases
- increasing engagement levels and confidence
- better quality sleep which improves a child’s resiliency and concentration